How to Remove Nasal Polyps Naturally
Nasal polyps are non-cancerous and commonly grow in the sinuses or inside the nose. It usually grows in the nasal cavity area and a mature polyps look like peeled, seedless grapes. This condition is often linked to asthma or allergies and it may develop even without cause. Smaller polyps may not require treatment, but larger polyps require nasal polyps removal especially if it blocks the drainage of the sinuses. If the sinuses accumulated too much mucus, it can infect the nasal polyps. That is why it is important to remove it the soonest possible time.
There are two classifications of nasal polyps such as antrochoanal polyps and the ethmoidal polyps. These classifications are possible to those people having more than one polyp. Before determining how to shrink nasal polys, it is important to know first its symptoms that include:
- Chronic infections
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Facial pain
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
If you notice these symptoms you should immediately consult your doctor particularly if you have higher risk of developing chronic sinusitis. Those symptoms should not be ignored so that the condition will not debilitate.
There are different ways of removing nasal polyps. It can be removed through surgery if the condition is severe or use natural treatment for nasal polyps if the polyp is small. The growth of polyps is harmless, but it can become an issue if it impacts the daily activities of the person. For those who do not want to undergo surgery, the best alternative is to use natural treatments for nasal polyps that are deemed to be effective in removing the polyps.
Natural Ways to Remove Nasal Polyps
Natural treatments are not only useful in removing nasal polyps, but also prevent possible recurrence. You can also use the natural remedies in managing long-term condition. Here are some of the commonly used remedies that you can find even at home.
- To prevent the infection brought by mucosal inflammation, it is important to boost the immune system. Thus, consuming vegetables and fruits that are rich in Vitamin C can help in improving the immune system. You can consider eating oranges, lemons, strawberries, grapefruit, papayas, kiwi, guava, melons, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and Brussels sprouts should be consumed frequently.
- Foods that contain beta-carotenes are important in maintaining good health of the nasal passage Some of the foods include carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkins and green leafy vegetables. The beta-carotene is converted into essential vitamin A that can help in treating the condition.
- Consuming foods that contain antioxidants can also help in shrinking nasal polyps. Likewise, it also protects potential damage on the area where polyp grows. Foods that are rich in antioxidants include all types of berries, flaxseeds, olives, black and red beans and sea foods. You can cook the food slightly to obtain the antioxidant content.
Moreover, for existing nasal polyps you can consider using some natural ingredients that can help in managing the condition.
- The capsaicin content of cayenne peppers has the ability to reduce naturally the size of the polyps. It also treats the headache involved in nasal polyp growths.
- The bromelain enzyme present in pineapple is important in maintaining good sinus and in enhancing immune system. Frequent consumption of this enzyme can relieve congestion and eventually breaking down of the nasal polyps.
- Tea tree oil contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties known to be effective in nasal polyp removal. Infection can be prevented by applying small amount of oil into your nose. The polyp will shrink and may fall off after some time.
- Castor oil can also shrink nasal polyps at the same time prevents infections and allergens. Taking a tablespoon of castor oil every morning can reduce its size and prevent possible recurrence.
- Horseradish is another natural remedy for nasal polyp as it contains antibacterial properties that are idea in removing infection or allergen that may trigger polyp formation.
Aside from those natural remedies in removing nasal polyps, you can also practice frequent nasal rinses so that the nasal passages will be cleared from allergens. You can prepare saltwater solution and use dropper in applying the solution inside your nose. Likewise, to relieve nasal congestion burning cardamom seeds and inhaling the fumes can help a lot.
Indeed, developing nasal polyps is not a serious condition, but if it is not given immediate intervention it may aggravate at the course of time. That is why once you notice some symptoms; the best thing to do is to consult your doctor the soonest possible time so that the problem will be ruled out. If the home remedies do not help in removing the nasal polyp, then it is about time to undergo surgery. Your health care provider knows the best treatment for your condition.